Here’s what I can tell you about the latest news on Matt Tebbutt leaving MasterChef: The Professionals.
-
Multiple outlets reporting in early March–May 2026 state that Matt Tebbutt did not return as a permanent host on MasterChef: The Professionals after Series 18, with coverage suggesting his role was intended as a one-series engagement rather to be a long-term position. Some pieces describe producers reshaping the show’s presenting lineup and format, while Tebbutt himself indicated he was never meant to stay for more than one series and would continue collaborating with MasterChef in some capacity [sources cited in this summary: The Sun via The Staff Canteen reporting of Tebbutt’s one-series role and departure; The Staff Canteen and Express coverage noting his statement and context].[2][3][4]
-
Tebbutt publicly addressed the departure in March 2026, clarifying that he was “only ever doing one series” and expressing that he enjoyed judging, while confirming ongoing collaboration with MasterChef in some capacity, such as guest appearances or future roles rather than a formal return as a regular judge.[4][2]
-
Following the initial reports, additional outlets and coverage in May 2026 highlighted Tebbutt’s emotional response to leaving and noted that he continued to be involved in related projects, though not as a regular host on MasterChef: The Professionals.[1][5]
-
In terms of what’s next for Tebbutt, reports during March–April 2026 suggest he pursued new BBC-related or culinary-media roles, with several outlets indicating he would remain active in television or food projects beyond MasterChef: The Professionals, though specifics vary by piece.[6][7]
If you’d like, I can:
- Compile a concise timeline of the announcements and Tebbutt’s own statements with exact dates.
- Pull direct quotes from the key articles to illustrate the narrative.
- Look for any official BBC statements or press releases confirming the show’s hosting changes and Tebbutt’s status, if you want primary sources.
Sources
In a recent interview on BBC Radio 4’s The Food Programme, Matt Tebbutt opened up about his emotional departure from the beloved cooking competition,
news.ssbcrack.comMatt Tebbutt said matt tebbutt leaving show after one series on MasterChef: The Professionals left him “really upset,” and he said the exit could have been handled a lot better. The TV chef, 52, said the response to his departure came after he had already settled into the programme’s new run with Ma…
www.el-balad.comMasterChef’s Matt Tebbutt breaks silence on BBC sackingSource: BBC Radio 4
www.dailymotion.comSaturday Kitchen star Matt Tebbutt has revealed his next role after leaving his presenting duties on MasterChef The Professionals after just one series
www.mirror.co.ukThe chef reassured fans he was only ever doing one series on the popular cooking show
www.gbnews.comLatest London news, business, sport, showbiz and entertainment from the London Evening Standard.
www.standard.co.ukMatt Tebbutt had some big news to share with Saturday Kitchen viewers after years of hosting the BBC show
www.express.co.ukRead more: What to expect from latter stages of MasterChef: The Professionals series 18 Read more: Applications open for MasterChef: The Professionals series 19 The initial story was first reported by The Sun, which said Matt had been dropped from the main presenting line-up after one series. According to the newspaper, sources claimed producers felt Marcus Wareing and Monica Galetti worked strongly as a duo and that three judges felt “a crowd”. The same report included also said Matt had...
www.thestaffcanteen.com